Cigarette sparks fire in shed
Casually tossing a cigarette cost a homeowner their shed on Sunday afternoon.
The Salmon Arm Fire Department was called out at 5:20 p.m. Sunday, March 10 to the report of a shed on fire in the 700 block of 11th Street SE.
When they arrived, they found the shed and an adjacent couch ablaze.
The homeowner and a neighbour tried to put the fire out with a garden hose, but to little effect.
Firefighters were able to quickly contain the blaze.
There was some heat and smoke damage to the siding of the home and to a neighbour’s adjacent property; however no one was injured.