- BC Games
Campfire ban lifted in region
Light ‘em up folks.
Campfires are once again permitted in the Salmon Arm Fire Zone.
The Kamloops fire Centre rescinded the ban at noon Monday, after heavy rains on the weekend reduced the wildfire risk in the area. But those who choose to light campfires must follow provincial regulations. These include:
• The campfire must not exceed the permitted half-metre wide by a half-metre high.
• Flammable material (such a twigs and pine needles) must be removed from around the campfire area and this fuel-free area must be maintained while the campfire is burning.
• A shovel or at least eight litres of water must be on-site to properly extinguish the fire.
• Never leave a campfire unattended.
• The ashes must be cool to the touch before you leave the area.
Category 2 and 3 open fires remain prohibited for the entire Kamloops Fire Centre. This prohibition includes all open fires larger than a half-metre high by a half-metre wide and fireworks.