William (Bill) Francis Sharrock

William (Bill) Francis Sharrock passed away peacefully Fri-day evening Sept. 26, 2008 in Shuswap Lake General Hospital, Salmon Arm, B.C., at the age of 85 years, after a long and courageous fight with cancer.

Bill was born June 21, 1923 in Saltcoats, Saskatchewan and moved to Blind Bay to retire in November, 1984. From a young age, Bill farmed the family land until 1959. In the winters Bill and his wife Margaret would move to Yorkton where he made the ice for the curling rink for seven years and then managed the Hockey arena for eight years. In 1959 Bill made a brave new career change when he owned and managed the first A&W in Yorkton, Saskatchewan. In 1974 he retired from the burger business and began to manage the York Lake Provincial Park until retiring to Blind Bay. Bill was a great outdoorsman, he loved hunting, fishing, gardening, golfing and wood working but his number one love was his family. He lived life to its fullest, even golfing right up until August with his best friends Berry Crossman, Dick Chesney and Emil Storvold.

He leaves to celebrate his life, his wife of 59 years, Margaret (McCord); his daughter Penny (Eric) Salkeld and his son, Alan (Bobbi Jo) Sharrock, both of Calgary and five granddaughters, Dr. Brittney (Steve) Cicon of Rancho Santa Margarita CA, Haley (Chris) Bilton, Erica (Greg) Kierzek, Alexandra and Samantha Sharrock, all of Calgary. He also has three great granddaughters, Taytem and Gibsyn Bilton and Delaney Cicon. His two sisters, Irene (Ted) Clarke of Sidney, BC and Betty (Ted) Snedker of Fort Qu’Appelle Saskatchewan and several nieces and nephews, as well as his treasured friends and neighbours in the Blind Bay area.

He is predeceased by his infant son Ross William in 1955, his Father Hubert in 1976, his mother Isabella in 1999 and sister Anne (Robert) Lee in 1996.

True to his character he requested no fuss at this time of his passing. Honouring his wishes there will be no service held. Special thanks to Dr. John Wood and the caring staff at the Shuswap General Hospital.