Get into the Christmas spirit in Downtown Salmon Arm.
Meet the spirited Christmas elves, who will be spreading holiday cheer, join your friends on evening music crawls and enter to win great prizes.
Prepare to be Elved!
The Christmas Elf will be roaming the streets of downtown spreading Christmas cheer in the form of great giveaway items and lots of treats Dec 2, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 16, 18, 20 and 23.
And, follow Downtown Salmon Arm on Facebook or Twitter to increase your chances of winning some great gifts!
The popular “Dinner and a Movie” promotion will again be hosted by downtown eateries on Wednesday evenings in December.
Purchase a dinner special between 5 and 9 p.m. Dec. 4, 11 and 18 and receive a complimentary movie pass for great shows at the Salmar.
Restaurants participating in the ‘Dinner and a Movie’ promotion include Andiamo Italian Restaurant, Pink Cherry, Sushi Kotan, Bradbury’s Restaurant, Shuswap Chefs, Oishii Express Japanese Restaurant, Hedi’s Restaurant and Lounge, Barley Station Brew Pub and the Shuswap Pie Co.
Holiday Music Crawls will take place from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday Dec. 3, 10 and 17.
Enjoy some great local music while dining, snacking or sipping at Andiamo Italian Restaurant, Blue Canoe, Superb Donair, Shuswap Chefs, Bradbury’s Restaurant, Hedi’s Restaurant and Lounge, Shuswap Pie Co., Barley Station Brew Pub and Pink Cherry.
Before, after or in between music crawl destinations, top up your Christmas gift-buying list at several downtown stores that will remain open until 8 p.m. Tuesdays in December.
Catch the Holiday Spirit and enter to win some popular Christmas items like an Apple iPad, iPod or Nano. Entries are available from participating businesses throughout the downtown.
Share your thoughts or a picture of your favorite downtown business decoration on Downtown Salmon Arm’s Facebook page.
The CPR Holiday Train will be pulling into Salmon Arm at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13 at the Lordco parking lot. Dress warmly and take non-perishable food items, cash or cheque donations for the Salvation Army Food Bank.
The third annual “Breakfast with Santa” will be hosted at the Salmon Arm Art Gallery on Dec. 14 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. This popular event grows every year, so book your spot early by dropping into the art gallery Tuesdays through Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Following the breakfast, children and their parents are invited to spend an afternoon in the Elves Workshop. Families are encouraged to use their imagination to create special Christmas ornaments that may become treasured keepsakes.
For more information about December Downtown, contact Roger Parenteau at 250-832-5440 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More downtown events
• The 12-voice a cappella ensemble, Chorealis, presents a unique blend of seasonal music in “Winter Light” at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 at the SAGA Public Art Gallery. Admission is $15. Guest artists include a local early music instrumental group.
• Shuswap Theatre presents ‘You Can’t Wrap This!,’ a Christmas show with the Laughing Gas Improv Troupe for mature audience only at 7:30 p.m. Includes a cash bar and appies and music by Kieran Rambo. Tickets at $12 are available at Intwined Fibre Arts on Hudson.
• Polar Express will be screened at the Salmar Classic Sunday, Dec. 8. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. Admission is free with food bank donation.
• Home Alone runs at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14 at the Salmar Classic. Admission is one toy per family to be redistributed via the Shuswap Family Resource Centre.
• The Nutcracker plays out at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 14 and 2 p.m. Dec. 15 at Shuswap Theatre. Tickets at $12 for adults and $8 for children are available at The Candy Vault on Hudson Avenue or call 250-515-3276.
• A free showing of Elf takes place Dec. 21 at 3 p.m. at the Salmar Classic.