I would support the Ross Street Underpass if the following conditions are satisfied:
• the cost of the project is not going to be a significant tax burden to Salmon Arm residents.
• a detailed traffic study is done in peak times for the intersection of Ross and Lakeshore.
• a vitalization plan is developed for Marine Park and area that clearly shows the need for the underpass.
• a flood-risk assessment is done to determine the potential flooding that could occur with the underpass being built.
• the project goes to a referendum even if the cost to taxpayers is minimal.