The resident of a rental home on Woolett Road in the Tappen-Notch Hill area has gone to live with relatives after the home burned to the ground Thursday night.
Members of the Shuswap Fire Department were called to the blaze at 7:25 p.m. Nov. 20, however, by the time they arrived the structure was fully engulfed.
Fire crews were accompanied by RCMP and BC Ambulance. There were no injuries.
“At that point, crews became focused on preventing the fire from spreading,” said Kenn Mount, CSRD fire services coordinator on Friday morning. “The structure was a total loss. From my understanding there is not much left, just a portion of the masonry chimney is left standing.”
Mount says the home was vacant at the time the blaze broke out, and the owner returned to find the firefighters on scene.
Salmon Arm RCMP Staff Sgt. Kevin Keane says police do not believe there was anything suspicious about the fire.
The investigation is continuing.