The Chase Fire Department received a call just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday regarding a residential fire at 1250 Hillside Ave.
Upon arrival there were flames showing, coming out of the kitchen and side windows. Crews were able to contain the fire quickly but there was smoke and fire damage. The cause is believed to have been a pot being used for deep-frying which became too hot and caught fire.
The resident was not able to put out the fire as it was spreading so quickly but managed to flee the residence safely. Crews kept watch on the residence overnight to ensure no hot spots remained. An official inspection was to take place Wednesday.