Out of precaution, Pint and Pie was evacuated New Year's Eve due to a small grease fire at the 32nd Street restaurant. (Brendan Shykora - Morning Star)

Small fire evacuates North Okanagan business

Pint and Pie patrons evacuated New Year’s Eve

A small fire evacuated a Vernon restaurant New Year’s Eve.

Pint and Pie on 32nd Street filled with smoke around 3:30 p.m. Dec. 31 due to a grease fire at the local business.

Patrons were evacuated out of precaution and Vernon Fire Rescue attended briefly. The family-friendly restaurant worked to restore the frier in order to continue serving up food.

The kitchen and taphouse has been open for just over a year in Vernon.

READ MORE: Halloween opening for Vernon restaurant

READ MORE: Crews respond to rollover on highway between Vernon and Kelowna


@VernonNews
jennifer@vernonmorningstar.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

firerestaurant