Partially cloudy days are expected to be the norm for the rest of the week with the most sunny day expected to be Sunday. (Photo by Patrick Davies)

Weather Update: cloudy with chances of flurries

The weekend is expected to see sun throughout the Okanagan valley.

Hang tight because the clouds and flurries are expected to clear up for the weekend. Saturday and Sunday are expected to see sun throughout the valley.

Kelowna

Today’s forecast: Mainly cloudy with winds gusting to 8 km/h with a windchill of -7. 30 per cent chance of flurries this afternoon. High plus 1. UV index moderate.

Tonight: Mainly cloudy. 30 per cent chance of flurries early this evening. Snow beginning this evening. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Low minus 3.

Thursday to Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with the exception of the weekend, which will see sun. Average temperatures are predicted at max 7°C, min -3°C.

Vernon

Today’s forecast: Mainly cloudy with a 30 per cent chance of flurries this afternoon. High plus 1. UV index 3 (moderate). Dust advisory is still in effect.

Tonight: Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Snow beginning this evening. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Low minus 3.

Thursday to Tuesday: Snow is predicted Thursday and Friday but the weekend will see sun. Monday and Tuesday are predicted to be cloudy. Average temperatures are predicted at max 7°C, min -3°C.

Penticton

Today’s forecast: Light snow ending this morning. Cloudy with a 60 per cent chance of flurries with wind up to 2 km/h and a wind chill of -4. A high of plus 3. UV index 1 (low).

Tonight: Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. A low of zero.

Thursday to Tuesday: Thursday is predicted to see a few flurries ending in the morning then mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of rain showers or flurries. Friday is predicted to be cloudy with a 60 per cent chance of flurries. Saturday and Sunday will see sun. Monday and Tuesday will be cloudy. Average temperatures are predicted at max 7°C, min -3°C.

Salmon Arm

Today’s forecast: Cloudy with a 30 per cent chance of flurries with winds reaching 3km/h, windchill -6. High plus 1. UV index 2 (low).

Tonight: Cloudy with a 60 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Snow beginning this evening. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Low minus 4.

Thursday to Tuesday: Thursday and Friday will see periods of snow. Saturday and Sunday will see sun and Monday and Tuesday are expected to be cloudy. Average temperatures are predicted at max 6°C, min -3°C.

Just Posted

Truck rollover west of Sicamous disrupts traffic for hours

The evening rollover on May 25 temporarily halted highway traffic near the Bernie Road intersection.

Okanagan-Shuswap weather: Thunderstorm possible for South Okanagan

The rest of the region will enjoy a sunny day.

Photos: Over 80 competitors took part in 3D Archery Shoot

The event is hosted by the Salmon Arm Fish and Game Club

Girl, 9, out of ICU after carbon monoxide poisoning in Shuswap tent

Her mother who was sleeping in the same tent with her did not survive

Okanagan-Shuswap weather: Severe thunderstorm watch

Environment Canada forecasts thunder, cloud and rain for one more day

REPLAY: The best videos from across B.C. this week

In case you missed it, here’s a look at the replay-worth highlights from this week in the province

Mistrial declared in Jamie Bacon murder plot trial

Bacon was on trial for counselling to commit the murder of Person X

B.C. VIEWS: Money-laundering melodrama made for TV

Public inquiry staged to point fingers before 2021 election

Okanagan group offers suggestions on overdose prevention site

Downtown Vernon Association agrees proposed facility should be near Vernon Jubilee Hospital

Canadian homebuyers escaping high housing costs by moving to secondary cities

In British Columbia, exurbs have grown in the Hope Valley and Kamloops

Feds lay out proposed new rules for voice, video recorders in locomotives

Transport Canada wants to limit use of recorders to if a crew’s actions led to a crash

Brothers acquired land at entrance to Garnet Valley

Name of Summerland valley and lake does not match spelling of family name.

Raptors beat Bucks 100-94 to advance to franchise’s first-ever NBA Finals

Leonard has 27 points, 17 boards to lead Toronto past Milwaukee

Third person charged in death of B.C. teen found in torched SUV

Inderdeep Kaur Deo facing charge of accessory after the fact to murder

Most Read