April 11, 2022
We invite you to celebrate the life of a legacy in our community who passed April 11, 2022 at the age of 92. A husband, father, caregiver and friend, Eddie touched the lives of those around him with humour and laughter.
Eddie was an individual committed to learning about the world and people around him and he took his greatest joy not from his accomplishments (too numerous to list), but from the daily lives of others.
We will miss you terribly Eddie and the world will be a little dimmer without you. When we smell a pipe, notice a bow tie, or hear someone telling a joke we will kindly give thanks for having you in our lives and thank you for touching the lives of so many and making a difference.
Eddie’s legacy continues through his wife Carole and her son Carlos Alonso, his sons Mark, Paul, and Peter Turner. His daughter Susie Materi and his 6 grandchildren.
Notes of interest:
– Certified deep sea medical diver in Canada’s Naval Reserves
– Studied medicine in Malta, London, Boston, Montreal and practiced until he was 72 in Edmonton
– He assisted with the TB outbreaks in Canada with the Inuit
– He served as the Chief Medical officer for the 1977 International Scout Jamboree in Prince Edward Island
– Active member in Rotary and the International Exchange Program
– Spoke English, French, Maltese, Italian, Latin, and he also learned Mandarin and Cree
– Winner of the Canadian National Games in Sailing, participant in the Mediterranean Games in water polo and 800 meter running, and the official family ‘flogger of water’ when fly fishing
– Avid supporter and dog walker at his local SPCA
A Funeral Mass was held on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, 60 1 St SE, Salmon Arm, BC.
Online condolences may be sent to Eddie’s family through his obituary at www.bowersfuneralservice.com Obituary