SilverBacks open season versus rival Vernon Vipers

The British Columbia Hockey League has released its schedule for the 2011-12 season, the 50th in league history.

The British Columbia Hockey League has released its schedule for the 2011-12 season, the 50th in league history.

A focus was placed on Friday and Saturday evening games (prime nights), with significant increases made compared to last season. Of the 480 games scheduled, 67 per cent will take place on prime nights. With Sundays included, 83 per cent of games will be prime or Sunday starts leaving only 17 per cent of games midweek. The puck drops on the upcoming campaign on Friday, Sept. 23 with 14 teams in action. The SilverBacks start their season with a home-and-home series versus the rival Vernon Vipers.

 

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Salmon Arm Rotary Club doubles donations for food bank, women’s shelter

Donation matching initiative raises $22,000 for SAFE Society, Second Harvest

United Way Southern Interior and local partners announce Sustainable Recovery Grant Recipients

The 2020 recipients will receive one-time grant funding for customized coaching and support

Silver Creek residents see aircraft dropping fire retardant in direction of Falkland

BC Wildfire Service says no fire, crews in two air tankers and a bird dog were just practising

Majority of Salmon Arm council votes yes to controversial rezoning

Mayor and one councillor say no based on possibility that creek might be altered

Okanagan farm turns fruit into drink production

When residents support Farming Karma, they support local orchardists

NDP wants Lower Mainland MLA removed from BC Liberal caucus for alleged homophobia

BC Liberal leader, some MLAs apologize for Christian magazine ads but Laurie Throness doubles down

B.C. health officials pleased with likely extension of Canada-U.S. border closure

Health Minister Adrian Dix says the situation is ‘very serious in the United States’

Expansion project to nearly double the size of Okanagan school

“With 10 new classrooms on the way, students are one step closer to saying goodbye to portables”

Lifesaving Society urges caution after two drownings in Central Okanagan

The warning comes after a drowning incident on July 9

Children suffer swollen eyes, burns while playing at Lower Mainland spray park

Mission RCMP are investigating incident that injured several children

‘Resistance’ from Interior Health puts races in Penticton on hold

It’s unknown if races planned for this weekend at the Penticton Speedway will take place

Fundraiser kick-started for Vernon woman battling tongue cancer

Woman’s four-year-old twins are the driving force behind her fight

B.C. NDP changing WorkSafeBC regulations to respond to COVID-19

Employers say reclassifying coronavirus could be ‘ruinous’

Most Read